A couple of awards to accept, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, and the Reality Blogger Award.
I’ve been nominated three times in the past couple for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. This isn’t the first time I’ve been nominated for this award, but I’m honored, as always, to accept such an award.
As with any award, there are rules to observe during your acceptance.
Rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person(s) who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by pingback.
Seven Things About Gus Sanchez
- I graduated from St. John’s University with a pre-law degree, with every intent of continuing on to law school.
- Six months’ worth of experience working as a corporate paralegal in a law firm convinced me I wasn’t cut out to be a lawyer.
- I had seriously considered switching majors in college; I considered majoring in journalism, but was talked out of it by an adviser because “there’s no money in journalism.”
- Now I’m a project manager/business analyst in Information Technology. How I got there is a really long and rather boring story.
- I really suck at keeping up with television shows; I have never seen a single episode of Breaking Bad, Lost, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who, and The Big Bang Theory.
- I’ve got a serious case of plantar fascitis that’s cramping my running style right now, and it’s seriously casting doubts on me running the Cooper River 10K Run in six weeks’ time.
- I have tried for more than 20 years to learn to play the guitar. At best, I can pick out the opening notes to I Can’t Get No Satisfaction, at worst, I can pick out that same song and it sounds like I’m all thumbs.
My Nominees…See Below
I’ve also been nominated for a Reality Blogger Award. This is my first nomination, and I’m very excited to be nominated for this award.
I’d like to thank Victoria Sawyer for nominating me for this award. It was unexpected, to say the least, and very honored to accept this award.
The Reality Award involves answering five questions, and nominating five bloggers. Here goes:
If You Could Change Something, What Would You Change?
My underwear? Kidding.
I would change perhaps some of the time I’d lost not pursuing my writing ambitions, bemoaning not living the writer’s life. I’ve learned I can balance my work/life responsibilities, and life the writer’s life, but I wish I’d gotten a start sooner.
If You Could Repeat An Age, What Age Would It Be?
Not so much an age but a year, and that year was 1994. For me, it was the year I felt I finally became an adult. Well, not really an adult, but it’s when I first started doing adult-like things, like earn a living and live on my own.
What One Thing Really Scares You?
Losing someone I love, i.e., my wife or my daughter.
What One Dream Have You Not Completed Yet Which You Think You Will Be Able to Complete?
Well, first off, there’s some dreams I know I won’t complete…playing the left wing for Manchester United, replace Daniel Craig as the next James Bond, and take apart and rebuild a 1967 Mercury Cougar.
However, my dream of becoming a published author is becoming more and more a reality with each passing day. My blog anthology is being finalized as we speak, and I’m anticipating a late-spring publishing date, and my debut novel is still a work-in-progress, but it will be published, damn it!
If You Could Be Someone For a Day, Who Would it Be?
This guy. Anthony Bourdain. I’d murder a bus full of nuns to have his job just for one day. I’ve never missed a single episode of “No Reservations” or “The Layover,” and I’ve read all his books. Hell yeah, I’d love to travel, eat, and write, and get paid filthy sums of money to do all three.
Alright, 15 Bloggers…You Should Read Their Blogs Right Now!