It’s been my honor to have been nominated twice now for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I thank Michelle at Wake Up Tired and Will at What If It All Means Something for nominating me. They’re two of my favorite bloggers, and I invite and encourage you to read their blogs for their perspectives on life and writing and everything in between.
As I said, it’s an honor to accept this award. It’s recognitions like these that validate my blog and my attempts at blogging. Now, on to the awesome responsibilities I must assume since accepting this award:
- Display the Very Inspiring Blogger Award logo. (check)
- Link back to the person(s) nominating me. (check)
- State seven things about myself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Notify those bloggers of said nomination.
I’m going to tweak the rules a bit, but first, those seven things about myself.
- I write left-handed, and am ambidextrous with just about any task involving my hands.
- I’ve never broken a single bone in my body.
- My cholesterol level hasn’t been above 150 in over a decade.
- I was once the subject of a right-wing columnist’s rage in one of his ill-informed and rather ridiculous columns. It was another one of those “War Against Christmas” opinion pieces, and his column railed against “pagan non-believers like Gus Sanchez of Asheville.” Joke was on him, though, because he was responding to my rather sarcastic Letter to the Editor decrying the whole War on Christmas thing, wherein I signed my letter as “Gus Sanchez, Christmastime Pagan.”
- Favorites? Favorite film: Seven Samurai. Favorite novel: Gravity’s Rainbow. Favorite album: Quadrophenia.
- I have an irrational hatred for Brussels sprouts. Pure, unfiltered hatred wrapped in teeny green roughage. I fucking hate them.
- Since I turned 41 about two months ago, I learned the secret to what makes you happy after turning 40: comfortable house shoes.
Okay, now on to the nominations…instead of me nominating, I’d like to present a roll call of the bloggers (in addition to Michelle and Will’s respective blogs) you should be reading as well. For those bloggers who are finding themselves on this list, consider this your nomination. I mean, it is like a nomination. I guess what I’m saying is I’m too lazy to visit your blog and let you know you’ve been nominated. So there.